Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

My fridge freezer stopped working and as per one of your

Customer Question

Hi. My fridge freezer stopped working and as per one of your previous chats I found that the fuse in the circuit board had blown. I have just replaced it and as soon as I switched it back on the fuse blew again? Where do I go from here?
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: Daewoo American style, model DRS30SMI and its 6 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Daewoo refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Woke up this morning to find it not working so only a few hours. Changed the fuse in the main plug and the one in the circuit board
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 12 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

I have investigated the information you have provided today and after reviewing all the information, it suggests to me that the Fridge/Freezer has a electrical problem which is causing the fuses to blow, its not a easy fix where I can say a certain competent is causing it. What you will need to do is if your going down the repair route is to consult a local White goods Technician who can accepts call outs, he will need to use a multimeter to locate where the fault is and then evaluate weather its worth repairs or replacing altogether.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew