Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

My bosch DWA073551B extractor fan has stopped working - any

Customer Question

Hello my bosch DWA073551B extractor fan has stopped working - any suggestions to fix it?
JA: How old is your Bosch appliance?
Customer: No idea, it was here when we brought the house
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 1 week tried changing the fuse
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The lights and fan are both not working
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 8 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

I have investigated the information you have included today and have understood you are having trouble with your extractor fan that is failing to power altogether. I would agree with the initial step you have taken of checking the fuse and changing it, there are some further check you can run and I will detail them below. 

1. If the extractor fan connected into a power source such a wall socket, test another electrical item in there to confirm it is working , there is a chance that the wall socket could have a problem which is failing to power the extractor fan.

2. If the extractor fan is wired directly to electrics, its worth checking if you can see any obvious wire burns and if you do notice any, you will need to contact a electrician who will need to replacing the electrical wires, please do not attempt this your self unless you know what you are doing. 

3. Lastly, check the fuse board to verify the rcd have not triggered and fell over which cuts the power supply, if you not any trips, you can push them back up to restore power. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew