Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

Fridge freezer is not working all of my food are getting

Customer Question

fridge freezer is not working all of my food are getting warm and going to waste what is the reason can it be fixed ?
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: i bought it 4 years ago Kenwood
JA: How long has this been going on with your Kenwood refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i noticed it today
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i dont know the name of the model I just need to know if it can be fixed
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 14 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Does the unit have any power whatsoever?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am sorry I was just told itll be £5 and i was charged £35 from my bank just t now
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
it does
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
it does have a power

Thank you, ***** ***** assume the Fridge and Freezer is failing to cool or meet the set tempreture, am I right to say that?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It's first time

I do apologies for the delayed response, I have reviewed the details you have provided and would recommend you attempting the following, its a broad problem which can either be fixed with some simple things you can attempt or it can point at components that may have developed faults over time.

If your fan is running, but the fridge is not getting cold, a faulty compressor may be the issue. Suppose your condenser coils are clogged and thus are inhibiting the flow of the hot gas we mentioned earlier. In that case, that will significantly restrict the ability of your refrigerator to maintain a cold temperature.

Vacuum the coils under or behind the fridge. Clogged coils can cause poor cooling. Check to make sure nothing is stuck in the condenser fan and that it spins freely (models with coils on the back won't have a fan).

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew