drcool299
drcool299, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been an Appliance tech for the past 28 years. Worked on most of the branded appliances.
11923974

Can you tell me where the water collection tray is in neff

Customer Question

Can you tell me where the water collection tray is in neff KI5852F30G/02 integrated fridge freezer?
JA: How old is your Neff fridge?
Customer: almost 3 yrs
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it’s been giving out a bad smell since yesterday we have poured some baking soda water down the condensation channel after cleaned the fridge very thoroughly with baking soda water
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just need to know the location of the water collection tray and how to get to it to clean it
Expert:  drcool299 replied 16 days ago.

Hello…I am Francis and I have been a filed service technician for the past 31 years servicing all kinds of branded appliances. I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your unit.

It should be at the back. In some models, they put it on top of the compressor so that the water would even evaporates as it is heated by the compressor.

On some models, it would be at the back as well but on a drain pan where the condenser coil would be the one to heat the water to evaporate.

You need to pull the unit forward to access the back part and you will see the drain pan at the back.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
As it’s integrated it’s not easy to pull out. Would you say this is more a professional’s job?
Expert:  drcool299 replied 16 days ago.

Ok. Do you see a grill in the lower part of the front of the unit?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Fridge is on top and freezer bottom, no grill under either
Expert:  drcool299 replied 16 days ago.

Ok. Then I would say, the access to the drain pan is really from the back.

I am sorry but you would have to get professional help to pull the unit forward from its present location.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok
Expert:  drcool299 replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Please stay safe.