Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

I have just got a new Oled tv and when I click on an app it

Customer Question

Hi I have just got a new Oled tv and when I click on an app it try’s to update the app but keep saying failed to update Amazon prime video
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Oled77c16la it’s new today
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: All the apps I have tried to update it looks like it is updating and then it says failed to update Amazon prime try again
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 10 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know the make and model of your Television?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Happy with text

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Lg oled 77c16la

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I have reviewed the information you have provided me today and I would recommend we start this process with a power cycle, although this may sounds very basic but you will be surprised how successful this process is.   

1. Lets start by powering the Television off using the power button on the remote. 

2. I assume the Television has now powered off, remove the power cable from the wall power socket.  

3. Please allow 60 seconds to pass and then proceed to reconnect the power cable to the wall power socket.  

4. I assume that the power cable has now been reattached, use the remote to turn the Television back on. 

5. Ensure the Television is connected to the Internet by checking the Network Settings as the Internet Connection is needed during the update process. 

6. Now proceed to attempt the update. 

I hope the information provided today helps to restore your services and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi Andrew apps are still bot installing

Do you see any error messages?