Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

The lights are flashing on my machine, 6 years old ModelAqua

Customer Question

the lights are flashing on my machine
JA: What's the brand and model of your lighting? How old is it?
Customer: 6 years old ModelAqua SAFE aa class
JA: How long has this been going on with your lighting? What have you tried so far?
Customer: There seems to be no water entering the machine I have turned the cold water tap on and off
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 5 days ago.

Good Afternoon

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.
I'm sorry I can't make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you want. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.
I am sorry that you faced this problem!

Can you describe the exact manufacturer and model number of your device to me? Is that a washing machine or a dishwasher or what kind of device is it? I need more information so that I can help you.

Please feel free to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!
Kind regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Erdal BRANDT dishwasher Type DWH VH600WE1 220-230 VOLT.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 5 days ago.

Okay, describe to me exactly what happens when you start a programme. Normally, the first thing that would have to happen downstairs is that the drain pump would have to work continuously and then a water flow would have to start. Is the drain pump running downstairs?

I cannot do the telephone service I wrote to you as well. As soon as another expert accepts your request, they will be more than happy to call you. I can still help via the chat.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
OK MESSAGE ME
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 5 days ago.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
When you switch on and set programme the 2 lights to the right just keep flashing and I no water is filling the machine
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
When switch on the lights flash on the right but the machine is dry
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 5 days ago.

Okay, if you start a programme and the drain pump downstairs is not working then either the drain pump is blocked so it does not register as work and then stops working. Or there is another problem. Have you already cleaned the strainer at the bottom?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I will clean strainer
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 5 days ago.

Ok good luck

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have pulled the strainers our and notice water is blocking and not draining
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 5 days ago.

It is possible that the end pump is blocked by foreign bodies. You must remove all the water with a sponge and check once if the drain pump is blocked.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok where is the drain pump?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 5 days ago.

When you have exhausted the water, you will see an outlet at the bottom that goes to the right. Behind it is the drain pump.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 5 days ago.

Please good luck

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have managed to take the water out but on the right I can’t feel the drain pump
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 5 days ago.

When probes have taken out all the water, you must see a place where the water can be taken out again. The drain pump is also located behind this. Is the lower pump sump where you took out all the water clean? No food residues?

Here is a general video instruction for you as an overview of how you can check this:

https://youtu.be/7t5dnvb52Zg

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
yea the water is clear no food residues
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 5 days ago.

Okay, and now when you start a programme again, you must hear the drain pump working downstairs. Can you hear the drain pump working downstairs? When you start a programme?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok I have removed the pump plastic cover but the water is clear and not containing food particles should I add drain cleaner? or is the pump broken?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 5 days ago.

You can try to make it as clean as possible. And then test the unit again. If you start the appliance and the drain pump still does not start, then it is defective.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Can the drain pump be replaced if defective?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 5 days ago.

Of course, this can be exchanged. To do this, we have to pull the unit out once and open the side panels or remove the entire cover from below. Everything can be repaired.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 5 days ago.

Please good luck