Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

I have a Siemens washing machine which won’t work and shows

Customer Question

I have a Siemens washing machine which won’t work and shows E18 error
JA: What happened just before your Siemens washer displayed this message?
Customer: the cycle stopped with water still in the drum
JA: How long has this been going on with your Siemens washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I’ve checked there are no kinks and checked the filter and reset. Still same error code
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: don’t think so
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 5 days ago.

Good Afternoon

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.
I'm sorry I can't make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you want. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.
I am sorry that you faced this problem!

this error message means that your final pump is taking too long to pump out the water. It is possible that your final pump turns with difficulty or is blocked. It is also possible that your hose to the drain is blocked or difficult to move. Have you already opened it at the bottom of the filter and looked into the hole to see whether the impeller of the pump can move freely?

Please feel free to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!
Kind regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I’m not sure what the impeller is but I took the filter cap off and there was just a few little things. I shove a torch and there’s a white plastic filter inside but that’s all I could see
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 5 days ago.

If you look in the hole, you will see another drain pump behind it in the hole where there is a propeller or impeller.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I can’t do the call because I’m not near the machine so it’s easier if you just type me how to fix pls
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Should I take the white thing out?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The white thing is the impeller? So I need to remove it and check behind it? Is it easy to remove?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 5 days ago.

Here is a general video tutorial of what I mean by the impeller.

https://youtu.be/eLN-PbVLmsY

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
basically I should take the impeller out and check behind it? Is it easy to take out?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Are u there?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 5 days ago.

You just have to take out the App Shop drive filter and shine the torch in. The impeller is behind this hole. You can use a screwdriver or a longer piece to check whether the impeller is free to move or not.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok and if it is I take it out??
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I can’t call sorry
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 5 days ago.

You have to unscrew the unscrewable lint filter and take it out. Then you have to look inside the hole. If you really look inside, you will eventually see an impeller from the drain pump behind it. You can move it with a screwdriver.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I just need to check that I should take out the white impeller if it moves?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
How can I unscrew something that’s unscrewable?! What is the lint filter?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
When I took the filter cap off there was just one white plastic thing that looks like an impeller
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 5 days ago.

You must unscrew the unscrewable lint filter by turning it anticlockwise. When you have pulled it out, check the hole. Just look inside and move the impeller back and forth with a screwdriver. This impeller is turned by the drain pump. When it turns, the water sucks itself out.

Here is another video instruction for you as an overview of what else you can do:

https://youtu.be/GqEV7Gl7hHc

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok thanks so if I watch the video later when I’m back near the machine I’ll be able to fix it?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 5 days ago.

This error message is only a blockage of the drain pump or a defective drain pump. You must try to clean it. If it really moves freely and still does not work, then the drain pump is defective and must be replaced.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The video you sent me doesn’t show the impeller just taking cap off and cleaning
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 5 days ago.

I had written to them that this is a general video tutorial. You have to open your lint filter and turn it out and pull it out. And when you look in the hole, you will see an impeller in the small hole. When you turn this impeller with a screwdriver, it must move freely. You do not have to remove the drain pump. You do not have to remove this impeller. You just have to look in the hole and try to turn the impeller with a screwdriver or a long object.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok thx
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 5 days ago.

Please good luck