Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

Rob, Sorry, Pearl. I have a Hotpoint Freezer (RZA36) which

Customer Question

Hi Rob,
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Sorry, Pearl. I have a Hotpoint Freezer (RZA36) which has a lot of condensation on the outer front door and the sides. I've tried defrosting it but that hasn't helped. Any ideas?
JA: How old is your Hotpoint freezer?
Customer: At a guess, about 8 yrs old, maybe older
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint freezer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's been at least 6 weeks. I've only tried defrosting it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It seems to be fine internally as far as I can tell
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 15 days ago.

Good Afternoon

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.
I'm sorry I can't make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you want. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.
I am sorry that you faced this problem!

Normally you should also have a drainage hole where the condensation is drained back to the consensus bowl. If this does not happen, the hole may be closed or blocked. Please check in general whether you have such a hole. Here is a mean video tutorial on how to clean it: https://youtu.be/QDn-bbuZ0LE

Please feel free to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!
Kind regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks Erdal. Before we go any further, can I check that I will only be charged £5 for this communication? Pearl didn't really explain it clearly
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 15 days ago.

Yes our services are subject to certain fees. For fees and membership please contact customer support. I am only an expert who answers technical questions. I have no control over fees and memberships.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I cannot access my drainage pump so need someone with knowledge of my make and model
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 15 days ago.

They do not have a pump. When you open the door of the appliance, there should be a hole at the back of the appliance where the condensation water is led in and automatically drains away to the back of the appliance. You have to go to the back to reach the tray. You have to pull the appliance forward.