KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

For zanussi Aquacycle 1200 FE1204 ... that flasesh the start

Customer Question

Hi again
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: For zanussi Aquacycle 1200 FE1204 ... that flasesh the start led ... i id the restart procedure... and led 3, 4 7, 8 flashes (after pushing start + reset and then goes to 40 celcius
JA: How old is your Zanussi appliance?
Customer: 10 years
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 4 years ... and i replaced the water pump ... but there is the same problem.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The filter is cleaned
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 13 days ago.

Good morning,

You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

Please leave it unplugged for around 10 minutes.

Then plug it back and set up new wash.

Now when it starts flashing count the number of flashes at end light.

It will flash then stop and then flash again.

Let me know how many times does it flash.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I tested again(after cheking tubes of the pressure switxh)... and the drain pump run and run and does not stop ...even if there is no more water to drain
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Good morning, I started again ... but the problem is the same ... water pump is working continuously and does not stop even if there is no water to drain ... and there is not any led flashing
Customer: replied 13 days ago.

OK, if you have blown through the pressure switch and cleaned the drain pump then this indicates a fault with control.

The drain pump triac located on the control is faulty and control board will need replacement.

I hope this helps, please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with Justanswer UK today.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
OK thank you ... is there any way to reset the control board?

You can unplug it and pull it out.

Then remove the top off, then locate the control board.

Remove the connectors (one at a time) then reconnect them back and see if it works.

If the issue is still there you will have to replace the board.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I remove the connectors ... one by one ... and put them back ... but still the same problem. Thanks
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I repated again the procedure ... unplugged the machine for 10 min .... start it again ... and end light flashed 3 times ...

OK, this error code means number of things: the pressure switch is faulty or the wiring between the pressure switch and control is worn out or the pressure switch hose is worn out or the control board itself is faulty.

So, you will have to test the pressure switch and check all these parts, if they appear fine then control board will need replacement.