Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

I’ve a bell fridge freezer not cooling! not sure the age as

Customer Question

I’ve a bell fridge freezer not cooling!
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: not sure the age as it’s a rental
JA: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet Pearl
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: its a model no CDA543FX
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
It’s a BEKO
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 4 days ago.

Good Day

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.
I'm sorry I can't make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you want. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.
I am sorry that you faced this problem!

There can be various causes if the device does not cool down. It may be that the thermostat, control board or compressor is working incorrectly or there is a malfunction. Did you have a short circuit recently or has it been very warm in the room recently? It is recommended if you do this here: Switch off the device and thoroughly clean the outer rear wall below the door seal. Switch it on again after 4-6 hours and hold down the super like button for at least 5-10 seconds. Then the cooling is accelerated again. You need to notice proper cooling for the next 60-180 minutes.

Please feel free to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!
Kind regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi Erdal, where would I find the super like button?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 4 days ago.

You do not have a button on this model but a rotary selector switch. You have to set it to five digits.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok cool, and where would I get this code?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 4 days ago.

I don't understand what you mean by code? You have a rotary switch where you can change the temperature or the thermostat setting. If you don't know what I mean exactly, I can send you the instruction manual.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Sorry, I picked you up wrong, set the rotary switch to no.5?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 4 days ago.

Yes all right

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi, This did not work. Is there any other trouble shooting that can be done?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 4 days ago.

You may really need to switch off the unit for a longer period of time beforehand. So that the coolant can flow down again first. Did you switch off the unit for 4-6 hours beforehand?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Yeah, from 1 o’clock today until 7:30pm
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 4 days ago.

Okay, when you restarted the unit today, did you hear the compressor or the fan when you turned it on? Do you hear the compressor working or the fan?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The fan is working away aye, in the freezer.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 4 days ago.

Okay then, the compressor may not be able to circulate the coolant. I am really very sorry. Then you don't have a malfunction but an electrical defect. It must be professionally checked and repaired if necessary. I am really very sorry.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No problem, thank you
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 4 days ago.

Please good luck