Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

Daniel. I had to stop my washer mid cycle. Now it won't

Customer Question

Hey Daniel. I had to stop my washer mid cycle . Now it won't start again. I've turned it on and off held the pause button . But it's just flashing and won't start.
JA: How old is your washer? Have you checked if the drain hose is clogged?
Customer: Yes I've checked the drain hose . It's 7 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It worked fine yesterday . I've turned it off . I've turned it off at the plug . I've held the start /pause button in so it would reset but it hasn't.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I washed on a hot empty cycle yesterday like a 60 degrees wash as I only ever use 30 . I had washed some very muddy clothes on Friday .
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 8 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

I have investigated the information you have provided and based on that I have found Some of the most common faults that will make your washer stop mid cycle include thermostat failure, problems filling up with water for the rinse cycle, or even pump problems that prevent your washer from draining.

Try stopping the machine, draining the water and rearranging the laundry. The spinning cycle won't start if the water hasn't drained completely. Turn off your washing machine and check the drain hose and the pump filter. The hose shouldn't be bent or clogged.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks I'll give it a go

I look forward to hear the outcome.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Please can you tell me how I check the pump filter ?
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 5 days ago.

Can I still help you with this?