Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

We have an error E 18 showing, Bosch Eco Silence Drive

Customer Question

We have an error E 18 showing
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Bosch Eco Silence Drive WIM64
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only today it stopped on the cycle unfinished
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: itwS rattling sounding as though there was something rattling in the rum. I’ve unlocked its d can’t see anything in the drum
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 14 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

I have investigated the information you have provided and found your Bosch washing machine has detected a blockage in the filter, or a blockage or kink in the cold water inlet hose, it will display an E18 error and the washing machine will fail to start or continue a wash cycle. Luckily, an E18 error is something that can be resolved quickly and easily. Below you can find the relevant information, including an instructional video, which will help you get your washing machine back to normal in a matter of minutes.

The error message could be prompted by a pump blockage. To clean the pump, follow the instructions below, or watch the video on the left:

1. Turn the appliance off.

2. Pull out the mains plug.

3. Open and remove the service flap.

4. Drain off all water using a drainage hose or by removing the pump cover slowly (prepare for a lot of water with a larger container).

5. Clean the interior, the thread and the housing of the pump so that the impeller is able to rotate.

6. Refit the pump cover and screw back firmly.

7. To check the pump for leakage and the power of the pump, pour 1 litre of water into the detergent drawer.

8. Check for any leakage.

9. 9. If the pump is sealed watertight, start the pumping programme.

If this doesn't work, check the drain hose using the instructions below.

How to fix a blocked or kinked drain hose

An E18 error may also be caused by a blocked or kinked drain hose. You can fix this by following the instructions below or watching the video by clicking on the following link - https://youtu.be/wo0oYHz3Zpc

1. Turn the appliance off.

2. Pull out the mains plug.

3. Check that the drainage hose has been installed correctly without any kinks.

4. Before loosening the hose clip on the siphon, place a bucket under the tap to avoid spills.

5. Carefully remove the drainage hose and pour the remaining water out of the drainage hose into the bucket.

6. Clean the drainage hose and the connecting piece of the siphon.

7. Hold the drainage hose in the bucket.

8. Select the "Drain" programme.

9. Connect the drainage hose to the siphon.

10. Check whether the drain hose is watertight.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi I did this but it didn’t empty and the E28 error code came up again. I found a button in the filter. I removed the turn plug to the filter but could remove anything else.

The error code has now changed to E28 now?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No that was a typo it is E18

If the error continues after attempting what I have advised, its likely you will need to contact a local technican to visit and have a look into this for you,