Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

My washing machine seems to be broken I turned it off mid

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: my washing machine seems to be broken I turned it off mid cycle and since then the indicators are all off and the door is locked
JA: Have you tried resetting your washer by unplugging it for 60 seconds then plugging it back in? How old is it?
Customer: it is not old
JA: How long has this been going on with your washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried switching off the mains
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it was on the intensive dry cycle and I turned it mid cycle it was running perfectly before but now none of the lights are on i this happened in the morning around 9
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 12 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Does the unit show any sign on power?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No, nothing

I have investigated the information you have provided and based on the information you have provided, I would recommend we Change the fuse and hope it can be simple as a blown fuse, following this exercise, if the unit fails to restore its power, its like to be a major problem and needs more attention down the line of a repair.  

1. Unplug the unit and set the plug to one side so that any power in the system can be drained. 

2. Now open top screw of the plug using a Philips headed screw driver. 

3. Locate the fuse on the right hand side and replace it with a like for like its important you replace it with the same amp fuse. 

4. Once the fuse has been changed, re-seal the power plug. 

5. Now proceed to test the unit, reconnect it the plug to a power source and check if you see any sign of power. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew