Mace2012
Mace2012, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  At your service..
68179415

I have a neff fridge and the ice dispenser is creating ice

Customer Question

Hi, I have a neff fridge and the ice dispenser is creating ice and sending it down the chute but the flap to at the bottom isn’t opening so no ice cones out. If we open the door and push the ice through, it’s come out. Is this a new part I need?
JA: When did you last replace your fridge's water filter? How old is the fridge?
Customer: The fridge is about 15 month old, we replace the water filter every 6mths, so thus one is maybe 3 moths old
JA: How long has this been going on with your ice maker? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It’s been going on for about a month. I haven’t tried anything as all advice is about the fridge not making ice or a blockage but the ice is coming down to the dispenser just not front released
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 12 days ago.

Good day,

You have reached justanswer.co.uk, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is***** will assist you with your appliance today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be. Hope we can resolved it quickly.

To help me better assist you, please provide its make and complete model number

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi, it’s a neff but I’m not sure where to find the model number. Possibly either KA19 / KA39 ?
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for your model.

You said you can manual drop the ice right?down into the chute.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
the ice fills the chute in the door but I need to push it down by hand to push it through the flap at the bottom of the chute
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 12 days ago.

It seem the flap spring is tight or it frozen so it can't drop the ice.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Cani fix this myself?
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 12 days ago.

Do you have any experience in disassemble?If does not, I fully suggest to look a service technician.There is also a possibility that the control board have a defect.

Try to watched this video.This is not your model but you can have an idea what is flap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crSxsxw8XIw

I can give general answer but I do hope this helps.

Expert:  Mace2012 replied 12 days ago.

Flap has a solenoid attached,solenoid trigger when ice drops in the chute so that the flap open and the ice drops in the bin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85wNIULJeoo

Technician should check the soleniod and ice sensor if there is (in your model)