Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

I have a grundig tall fridge model no.GSN10710DW, I am

Customer Question

I have a grundig tall fridge model no.GSN10710DW
JA: Who makes your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: I am finding a lot of rust coming through into the fridge behind the bottom draws
JA: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Grundig About 3/4 yrs
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have to clean it at least 1/2 a week
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 13 days ago.

Good Afternoon

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.
I'm sorry I can't make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you want. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.
I am sorry that you faced this problem!

I am really very sorry, but if you have too much rust it could be that the device has produced too much condensation and is drained to the rear. How much distance do you have from the refrigerator to the wall? There must be a distance of at least 8-10 cm so that the heat can circulate out. There is nothing more you can do about rust. The device would then have to be completely taken apart and the grate removed. And then be repainted.

Please feel free to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!
Kind regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
When I stick my finger in the back of fridge I can feel the damp rust,it feels and looks like ground coffee
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 13 days ago.

Good Afternoon

I am sorry that you faced this problem!

Kind regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Can we take the plastic from the back to check and clean behind plz
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 13 days ago.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find an exploded view of the unit. You must check whether you can unscrew this cover. If it is unscrewed, you can remove the cover and check it.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
We have a gap of more than 8/10 cm, so there is enough space to circulate. So do not understand where all of the rust is coming from.it feels and looks like ground coffee
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 13 days ago.

I had already written to them in my first message that it could be caused by condensation. If the appliance produces condensation, it may lead to rust.