Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

My Bosch dishwasher is not working properly. It makes what

Customer Question

My Bosch dishwasher is not working properly. It makes what sounds like a droning sound when switched on, but the wash cycle does not start. There is water in the base of the machine that has collected. I have drained this out previously and cleared out the filter.
JA: Do you know the model of your Bosch dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: I think it is fairly old, was in the house when we moved in. Cannot see a model number on it
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This has been a few days. Have tried to clear filter under bottom rack and drained out collection of water
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can just make out a number E-Nr sg53e43gb/37
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 11 days ago.

Good Evening

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.
I'm sorry I can't make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you want. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.
I am sorry that you faced this problem!

It is possible that your drain pump is blocked. Or it could be that your environmental pump is blocked or defective. If you start a program now, can you hear the drain pump working below? Will new water be introduced?

Please feel free to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!
Kind regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
When I switch on dishwasher it sounds like a motor is jammed, no water is introduced
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 11 days ago.

It is very likely that the drain pump is blocked. Can you switch on some water in the machine as a test and try to start a programme? Normally, the water should be pumped out. If not, then the drain pump is blocked or defective.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The programme does not start when I switch it on, just an electric motor sound
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 11 days ago.

If you now pour a glass of water into the appliance and try to start a programme, the water is pumped out?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No, it sounds like a motor is jammed. There is still water under the bottom rack from the last time I got it to start up a few days ago
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 11 days ago.

OK, then unfortunately you will have to check the drain pump. Here is a general video guide for you as an overview of what you can do:

https://youtu.be/8KUb1lk2gsY

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** at this when more convenient
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 11 days ago.

Please good luck