KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

The ignition on my Electrolux oven sounds as if it is

The ignition on my Electrolux oven sounds as if it is playing up. The clicking sound of ignition persists even though the burner is switched off (having heated some soup).
JA: Is your Electrolux oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Gas on top, electric inside, about 10 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Electrolux oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About three quarters of an hour. I have turned off switch for oven below but top seems separate and sound continues.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Well, I’m worried if it’s dangerous to go to bed like this and wait to call an engineer in the morning. I felt that perhaps the metal surface on top was heating up — even though no gas turned on? I’m 87 and live on my own so need reassurance.

Good evening,

You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

Continuous clicking indicates the spark module (ignition transformer) is faulty and will need replacement.

You can leave the appliance unplugged and gas valve tuned off till the time it is replaced.

As this is a gas appliance it is recommended that replacement is done only by Gas safe engineer.

I hope this helps, please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with Justanswer UK today.

Have a wonderful evening.