KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have a Tecnik slimline dishwasher SF6 TIE 1GB/16 from

I have a Tecnik slimline dishwasher SF6 TIE 1GB/16 from which the upper spray arm has become detached. Is there a nut that has gone missing (I can't find one anywhere online) or should it clip back on?
JA: Who makes your dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: Tecnik. It's at least 10 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The spray arm became detached 2 months ago. I have tried looking online for a solution (no luck).
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The E-Nr of the model is SF6 TIE 1GB/16, and the type is SDI3JIDI

Good morning,

You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

If you don’t mind, please allow me a few minutes to check its schematics and then type the answer.

In the meantime, if you want to add something please feel free to add and I will read it while I am typing my response.

Sorry for taking so much time, pulling out its schematics took a bit of time.

In this model it just clips in, please check this IMAGE

You have to rotate it anti clockwise to fix it.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

I hope you enjoyed your experience with Justanswer UK today.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks for confirming that the spray arm clips in, but it doesn't look like the image you've sent, because the spray arm is straight not curved. Where should it clip to? the back of the dishwasher or underneath the top basket? I'll send images of the spray arm and the inside of the dishwasher.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Does this reply function allow me to send images? I can't see how to..

OK, I understand.

Yes, you can attach images.

If you are on a computer, use the blue document with up arrow symbol by the send to load Images/Photos/Pictures.

You have to write a word in the message box like "Pic 1" then choose only one picture then send, as it will not let you do several at once.

On mobile phone, you should be able to respond to a text with pictures.

Please only add one at a time.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
pic 1 - spray arm
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
pic 2 - inside dishwasher. This one should help you explain where the arm clips to?

Please check the Image attached.

That is where the arm clips in however, it seems the arm is broken/worn out and will need replacement as it keeps on falling.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks!
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It surprises me that the arm is supposed to clip in there, because the distance between that mount and the back of the machine is less than half the diameter of the arm (the arm wouldn't be able to spin if it was fixed there, in other words). And it seems to be worn out too, as you say! I don't think a replacement is available though I'll have another search on spares etc. Thanks a lot for your help.

I am glad, I could help.

You're welcome and Good Luck.

Cheers