KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

KENWOOD KTLD60X20 Tall Fridge we have had this for a couple

KENWOOD KTLD60X20 Tall Fridge we have had this for a couple of years, but it keeps turning off. If we unplug it then plug it back in it comes on for a while then turns off again !
JA: How long has this been going on with your Kenwood refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has only been doing this since Fri, and we have checked plug socket and fuse all ok
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No it's a work fridge so need it desperately

Good morning,

You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

If you don’t mind, please allow me a few minutes to check its schematics and then type the answer.

In the meantime, if you want to add something please feel free to add and I will read it while I am typing my response.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I'm not with the fridge at the moment, as it's a work fridge but I can try whatever you think when I go back this afternoon.

I understand.

If the compressor is working then this indicates temperature issue and/or an air flow problem due to heavy ice build-up inside the rear wall of the appliance.

Please try this to solve the issue:

Leave it unplugged and empty with door open for around 12-24 hours.

Then plug it back (expect some water on the floor) and wait for another 4-8 hours so it gets back to optimum temperature.

The problem should be resolved.

However, if the issue appears again then the problem is with defrost operation.

You will have to test/replace the temperature sensor and/or defrost heater element to resolve the issue.

Please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.co.uk today.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi I went along to check and at the back of the fridge there is a multi airflow Total no frost. On looking att he front there is a temperature unit that has no light I have tried turning it on all sorts of but no luck, so that's the problem.

I understand, so that will need replacement.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok thanks

I am glad, I could help.

You're welcome and Good Luck.

Cheers