KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

We want to wash a single item, within the weight limit, but

We want to wash a single item, within the weight limit, but any program we try (including our usual one) fails to activate the start button (with the door shut). The display shows only the flashing key icon (with the time duration), and all attempts to start produce only the double peep. What is wrong?
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: It's a Bosch serie2, no more than a few years old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's new today. We have tried various program starting with 'mixed wash' .
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: My wife usually deals with the washing, but we are both old and I doubt she could tell us exactly what she normally does, but it's usually set to either 'mixed wash' or 'cottons at 20'.

Good afternoon,

You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

To help me better assist you, please provide its complete model number (from the label/rating plate located inside the door).

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It's difficult for us to read the rating plate, but the numbers on it include WLM68, WAJ28008GB/08, and 606758

Key lock indicates control is locked.

To unlock the control please press and hold the SPIN and FINISH IN buttons together for around 10 seconds.

This should solve the problem, please let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No, I'm sorry to say neither of us are good on the phone

OK, please read and follow my previous instructions.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Kevin: that seems to have done the trick. You are a hero. Thank you very much. - Alastair

Glad it is sorted Alastair :)

You're welcome and Good Luck.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

I hope you enjoyed your experience with Justanswer UK today.

Have a wonderful day.