KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have an AEG 6464K-mn Ceramic Hob. All the controls, pan

I have an AEG 6464K-mn Ceramic Hob. All the controls, pan detector and locking system work perfectly but the 1800W 18 com dia element suddenly stopped working. Can this be replaced by either the 1800W radiant hob element (18 cm dia) part no.(###) ###-#### or by the 1800W Iob Heater (18 cm dia) part no.(###) ###-#### These seem to be the nearest modern equivalents.
JA: How old is your AEG hob?
Customer: 23 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your AEG hob? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The problem started 3 weeks ago. All the other elements work normally, the power to the 1800 watt hob goes up to 9 then the A symbol appears. the pan detector works, the locking system can be used to hold the power supply to this hob at any pre-selected value and is currently off. The hob is surface is clean and free of all but superficial scratches. The unit has been switched off at the mains and restarted after intervals of up to 30 minutes. A British Gas technician has looked at the hob - but did not take it out - and advised that a replacement element could be obtained and placed one on order. I am now getting conflicting advise from British Gas about the availability of replacement elements.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The element stopped working whilst at setting 7; it had started to heat up a pan and initially was working - red glow, got warm - then it stopped. Looking at the AEG web site the two listed elements seem to be of the correct rating and dimensions.

Good afternoon,

You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

Yes, the element is available here with a Video on how it is replaced.

I hope this helps, please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with Justanswer UK today.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for your advise. The existing element is a conventional conductive heating element; not a radiant element. The recommended replacement is a radiant element. Will this work with the existing control system even though it is not an exact replacement for what has failed?

You are very welcome.

Yes, this element is for the model number that you have provided.

Please provide its PNC number (starts with 9...) so I can check again.