KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

My Neff T1323 electric hob has an issue. 12 years. When I

Hi there,
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: My Neff T1323 electric hob has an issue.
JA: How old is your Neff hob?
Customer: 12 years . When I turn it on the rear-left ring comes on without selection.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff hob? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It started a couple of days ago, intermittently and now is every time. I have turned off at the wall to see if it would reset but no success.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have checked that there are no scratches on any of the touch-controls - they look clean to me

Good afternoon,

You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

If you don’t mind, please allow me a few minutes to check its schematics and then type the answer.

In the meantime, if you want to add something please feel free to add and I will read it while I am typing my response.

I am afraid, this indicates an issue with the rear left hotplate that is faulty and will need replacement.

You may also check/change the wiring from control to rear left hotplate.

The part is available here on Neff spares for around £74 + repair charges (£99 if done by Neff).

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

I hope you enjoyed your experience with Justanswer UK today.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The accompanying oven unit is the same age. Neff B1422. This is operating fine apart from the timer alarm makes a noise for 0.5sec and then resets the clock. I doubt this is related but could the control units/ circuits for both hob and oven be operating oddly due to under/over voltage. They sit on the same spur. All was installed by a qualified electrician.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Regarding hob element replacement - there seems no guarantee that the ring unit will fix things. I might remove the unit and see if voltage is on this ring at switch on. (I am an electronics engineer with a DVM).

Yes, these issues also occur due to power surge.

You may leave the oven unplugged for around 40 minutes.

Then plug it back and reset the clock.

If the issue is still there then check the voltage to the hob and oven.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Okay I'll try that

Excellent, usually the oven and hob both should be installed separately.

Sure, if there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Cheers

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Will do