Mace2012
Mace2012, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  At your service..
68179415

Rob, I have a delonghi perfecta cappuccino graphic touch

Hi Rob, I have a delonghi perfecta cappuccino graphic touch machine.
JA: Do you know the model of your Delonghi appliance? How old is it?
Customer: it is taking longer and longer to heat up - when first switched on and when initiating brewing. Pretty old machine - not sure of exact age.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Delonghi appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I’ve descaled regularly and again when problem appeared - otherwise not keen on disassembly unless I know what to look for
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It was serviced at delonghi a while ago maybe 18months/ 2 yrs since

Good day,

You have reached justanswer.co.uk, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is***** will assist you with your appliance today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be. Hope we can resolved it quickly.

There are two possible cause why it takes longer time to heat,one is the thermostat.

The thermostat is a measuring tool in your espresso machine and directs a flow of heat through the element until a certain temperature. When it reaches a high temperature, it signals the machine to shut off. If you find your espresso machine not heating up, check the thermostat, it might get stuck in the off position and is not turning back on. Make sure to replace your thermostat in that case.

The second one is the thermal fuse.

These are designed to fail if the heating element gets too hot by preventing power from getting to the heating elements. If the heating element in your espresso machine does not heat and your thermostat is working, then check the thermal fuse. The thermal fuse works to prevent overheating by blocking power from getting to the heating element and works with thermostat. If it fails to work, then it is best to replace your thermal fuse. As a safety precaution, remember to unplug espresso machine from power source before installing new fuse.

Hope it helps.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks for your reply. The machine does get up to temperature eventually but is taking noticeably longer than normal. FYI machine is an ESAM 5600 (or S600 ? ) . It was last serviced 4 years ago at DeLonghi uk.
Your welcome.Its seems its a thermostat or the heating element is the cause of longer time to heat.I do suggest to check up their resistance using a multimeter if its weak.
Sometimes it could be the control board,I'm afraid to say.Control board allows to manage the program to heat the heating elements,when control board have fault there is a possibilty of longer time to heat.