KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have an AEG double oven - built in. The bottom [main] oven

Hi, I have an AEG double oven - built in. The bottom [main] oven has stopped working. The red indicator light comes on to say there is power but the internal light doesn't come on and nor does the fan. There is no heat either. The top oven works fine
JA: Is your AEG oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: sorry yes, it is electric and about ten years old. the product no. is:###-##-####JA: How long has this been going on with your AEG oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it was about a month ago since the bottom oven was last used. I haven't tried digging into the innards yet.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no

Good morning,

You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

If you don’t mind, please allow me a few minutes to check its schematics and then type the answer.

In the meantime, if you want to add something please feel free to add and I will read it while I am typing my response.

These issues usually occur after power surge.

You may leave the oven unplugged for around 40 minutes.

Then plug it back and reset the clock, it should work.

However, if the issue is still there then I am afraid the thermostat and/or selector switch for main oven is faulty and will need replacement.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

I hope you enjoyed your experience with Justanswer UK today.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you for your help

You are very welcome and Good Luck.

Cheers