KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have bendix tumble drier TM 320 W - the motor is working

I have bendix tumble drier TM 320 W - the motor is working but it’s not tumbling - what part should I order
JA: What's the brand and model of your dryer? How old is it?
Customer: Tumble drier - Tricity Bendix.
JA: How long has this been going on with your dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: mod TM320W. Type P5422222. product no*********** Serial no 61331986. The drum is not turning but it’s heating and motor sounds fine.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can you suggest what problem could be - thank you

Good day,

You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

Have you seen any flashing lights etc. ?

Good afternoon,
Without the information requested in my previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

This indicates either the belt has snapped, the motor and/or motor capacitor is faulty and will need replacement. Please try this to solve the issue:

You will have to unplug the appliance and pull it out, then remove the top off the appliance, Now, check if drum belt is intact, if that is fine then plug it back. Now, keep your hands off electrics and select a program, if drum will not tumble give it a bit of push, if it starts working then motor capacitor is faulty however, if it will not start rotating then motor is faulty and will need replacement.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!
I hope you enjoyed your experience with Justanswer UK today.
Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Tumble dryer serial no 61331986. - Product no.*********** -
Brand -Tricity Bendix

Please read and follow my previous advise.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Cheers

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
If I need a new motor how much are we talking about - can you say how much new drier similar to existing one would be. Thanks
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok but I’ll leave the call with you for later when at home Thanks …..

Phone call message is optional and premium service.

Sorry, I am not available for phone calls, and I am happy to help this way.

However, if you opt for phone call then another expert will call you based on their availability.

The motor if available will cost around £155 (as the part is already discontinued by the manufacturer) + repair charges.

A new dryer existing to similar one will cost between £180 to £600 (based on the make and model that you buy).

Cheers

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you Kevin - I’ll have to go with new one. Thanks again…

You are very welcome and Good Luck.

Cheers