Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have a 2 year old LG TV and I have to use a long cable to

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2 year old LG TV and I have to use a long cable to connect with the Internet. Is it possible to eliminate the need for a cable?
JA: Do you know the model of your LG appliance?
Customer: Where can I check that?
JA: How long has this been going on with your LG appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have a model number Do you want to know that?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: There was a guy from sky here who said there might be an update that I can do
Expert:  Tim JA replied 22 days ago.

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

Powerline devices work very well. Here's an example:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Devolo-Powerline-Pass-Through-Extension-Exclusive/dp/B08ZSTCYHN

Avoid plugging them in on the protected side of any anti-surge device, as that can sometimes upset them.

If this doesn't answer your question, please come back to me.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I tried connecting to the WiFi to eliminate the need for an ethernet cable but it did not connect. Is there any way to avoid having a cable?
Expert:  Tim JA replied 22 days ago.

Does your TV have a built in WiFi adapter?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I do not know. How can I check? Write the model number into Google?
Expert:  Tim JA replied 22 days ago.

If you have the operating manual then you can look in there. Otherwise, look on the LG web site.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
For connectivity of WiFi it says yes and has WiFi direct. Don't know if it has an adapter or not.
Expert:  Tim JA replied 22 days ago.

OK. So if you navigate into Setup and Network, you should be able to either use WPS to configure the TV, or enter the WiFi network settings, and connect the TV to your WiFi network.