KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I had a build up of ice in the top compartment due to the

Customer Question

I had a build up of ice in the top compartment due to the door not being shut properly and freezer started to cool down. Had to turn freezer off and defrost manually to clear the ice. When restarting the freezer the warning sound came on, pressed the button to stop the sound of the alarm but the red warning light is still flashing after 24 hours but the freezer is working and the food is frozen. What do you advise
JA: What's the brand and model of your freezer? How old is it?
Customer: unfortinately I haven,t got that information but it’s about 6 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your freezer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: couple of days now nothing else it can do
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: could it be just the red light flashing as the freezer seems to be working ok
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 17 days ago.

Good morning,

You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

Please provide its make and complete model number.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Unfortunately I cannot provide this info

No problem however, without the information requested in my previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

You may press the two extreme right and left buttons together to reset the control.

However, if the issue appears again then this indicates temperature issue and/or an air flow problem due to heavy ice build-up inside the rear wall of the appliance.

Please try this to solve the issue:

Leave it unplugged and empty with door open for around 12-24 hours.

Then plug it back (expect some water on the floor) and wait for another 4-8 hours so it gets back to optimum temperature.

The problem should be resolved.

However, if the issue appears again then the problem is with defrost operation.

You will have to test/replace the temperature sensor and/or defrost heater element to resolve the issue.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

I hope you enjoyed your experience with Justanswer UK today.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have the label which might show the model no
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
HKK95AA
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 15 days ago.

Please try my previous advise.