KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

My washing/dryer Siemens IQ500 is locked since yesterday.

Customer Question

Hi there my washing/dryer Siemens IQ500 is locked since yesterday.
JA: Are you getting any error codes or messages from your Siemens dryer? How old is it?
Customer: how can I unlock it please?
JA: How long has this been going on with your Siemens dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: almost 36 hrs. I have press the circle button for few seconds, but it doesn't work .
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not really. But the machine was washing and i just by touched it by chance as I was hanging the last wash. I have no idea where???? or what to do. It is new and I don't know the machine well.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 15 days ago.

Good morning,

You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

Please provide its complete model number (starts with E nr).

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi Kevin, unfortunately I can't see any number or letter on it, as it is built in a cupboard. The only thing I can see is Siemens IQ 500

OK, I understand.

Please try this to unlock the control:

Press and hold the START button for around 10 seconds or Press and hold the two buttons with LOCK sign together for around 10 seconds to unlock the control.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
sorry Kevin, I can't talk because i am working and I am awaiting for a call " meeting" with my boss and manager.

The automated phone call message is optional and premium service. Sorry, I am not available for phone calls, and I am happy to help this way.

However, if you opt for phone call then another expert will call you based on their availability.

Please try above advise and let me know how it goes.

That should solve the problem and will unlock the appliance.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

I hope you enjoyed your experience with Justanswer UK today.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
the sign of the lock appears as just a little padlock on the display, there is no button to press.

OK, as you do not have the model number please send the image of the control panel so I can assist you.

If you are on a computer, use the blue document with up arrow symbol by the send to load Images/Photos/Pictures.

You have to write a word in the message box like "Pic 1" then choose only one picture then send, as it will not let you do several at once.

On mobile phone, you should be able to respond to a text with pictures.

Please only add one at a time.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you for your help Kevin. My husband found a solution now. We had to press the drying circle and the timer (little clock ) button for 3 seconds. thank you for your time..

Glad it is sorted.

You are very welcome and Good Luck.

Have a wonderful day.