KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

Dishwasher keeps switching itself on and both the power

Customer Question

Dishwasher keeps switching itself on and both the power light and start button are flashing rapidly
JA: What happened just before your dishwasher displayed this message?
Customer: nothing
JA: How long has this been going on with your dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried un plugging and reconnecting tried clearing the filter and pouring a large amount of water into the drain
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it's just over a year old and has been troublesome and poor from the start
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 9 days ago.

Good day,

You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

Please provide its make and complete model number (from the label/rating plate located inside the door).

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hotpoint DWL DEA701 B s/n###-##-####47
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
no, text is fine

Thank you for the model number.

If you don’t mind, please allow me a few minutes to check its schematics and then type the answer.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
ok

The automated phone call message is optional and premium service. Sorry, I am not available for phone calls, and I am happy to help this way.

However, if you opt for phone call then another expert will call you based on their availability.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I don't want to pay extra for phone call

This indicates, water has leaked in the base of appliance and activated the anti-flood device.

You will have to unplug the appliance and pull it out, then tip it backwards by around 45 degrees so excess water drains off completely.

After you have done this, check the drain hose where it connects to house drain and make sure it is not clogged.

Then please clean the mesh filter from inside and make sure it is not blocked.

Now, reconnect everything and plug it back; select any program.

It should work however, if the problem occurs again you will have to check what is causing the leak.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
ok i'll try that

Sure, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

I hope you enjoyed your experience with Justanswer UK today.

Have a wonderful evening.