James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Security

Customer Question

Security
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
JVC LT-32C672
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Changed channel 4 password
Expert:  James replied 9 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
What is the web address you are going to when this message comes up?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I don’t know the web address nor how to find it
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Here’s a pic of error message
Expert:  James replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for the picture, this message will not come on when you turn on the TV, what app, or buttons are you pressing for the message to come up?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am just using the on demand All4 App. It came on when I selected a program I wanted to watch. The tv has been switched off at the mains for a few hours
Expert:  James replied 9 days ago.

Ok so its on the streaming app All 4, are other apps such as Netflix and iPlayer working?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I e tried a few other apps and they’re working fine with noerror message
Expert:  James replied 9 days ago.

Ok it looks like the All 4 have changed their app and using a certificate which isn't compatible with the TV, the fact other apps are working it rules out a issue with the time and date stamp on the TV which is used to validate the certificate.

If you use the arrow key to select "Proceed Anyway" on the screen then press OK does the app load and let you watch your programme?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I can proceed anyway. As long as there is no security issue I will be happy to proceed. I don’t want any hackers. What do you think?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
it works with FireStick. It really was the security issue I was worried about.
Expert:  James replied 9 days ago.

The issue doesn't relate to hackers its just the type of certificate the provider is using, should you find at any point it doesn't let you ignore the certificate or the issue becomes frustrating then you can do a factory reset by going into the TV Menu this will clear all settings and reinstall the app, but I suspect this will not resolve the issue since the fault is with the company hosting the app.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you very much.