KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

Morning. I have an integrated Hotpoint freezer model HP1801

Customer Question

Morning. I have an integrated Hotpoint freezer model HP1801 and it doesn't seem to be freezing as well as it should. It says is at -22, but it definitely doesn't feel as cold as it should be. What buttons do I need to press to reset it?
JA: How old is your Hotpoint freezer?
Customer: Bought it last year
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint freezer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: A week or so. I've lost the users manual so I'm not sure what all the buttons mean now. I did press the one that has a C on and says to hold for 3 seconds
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really. When I put an ice tray in of water, it does turn it to ice, but other items aren't frozen as much as they should be
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 12 days ago.

Good morning,

You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

If you don’t mind, please allow me a few minutes to check its schematics and then type the answer.

You will have to press and hold extreme right and left side buttons together for around 10 seconds to reset.

However, if it won't work then this indicates temperature issue and/or an air flow problem due to heavy ice build-up inside the rear wall of the appliance.

Please try this to solve the issue:

Leave it unplugged and empty with door open for around 12-24 hours.

Then plug it back (expect some water on the floor) and wait for another 4-8 hours so it gets back to optimum temperature.

The problem should be resolved.

However, if the issue appears again then the problem is with defrost operation.

You will have to test/replace the temperature sensor and/or defrost heater element to resolve the issue.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

I hope you enjoyed your experience with Justanswer UK today.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Extreme left and right on the bottom row or top?

Top row.