KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

Hotpoint washing machine displaying displaying F05 message,

Customer Question

hotpoint washing machine displaying displaying F05 message, I drained machine and cleaned filter at lower bottom front of machine and did a fast cycle wash and the same message re-appeared - I repeated process but the filter was clear and still clear from my previous efforts - what would you suggest now please
JA: What happened just before your Hotpoint washer displayed this message?
Customer: the cycle ran successfully washing the clothes but I heard a humming sound coming from the machine and as it came to the end of the cycle it stopped and just start flashing the fo5 error message again !
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: since yesterday - cleared and cleaned filter at front lower section of machine a few times - looked inside couldnt see any obtruction , thought it was ok but it repeated itself again this am !
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have the machine since Sept 2018 and I never had any previous issues -
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 16 days ago.

Good day,

You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

Please provide its complete model number (from the label/rating plate located inside the door).

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
great thanks - so what do I do now with my machine ?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
the model number is ***** 742P UK.M

Thank you for the model number.

If you don’t mind, please allow me a few minutes to check its schematics and then type the answer.

F05 as you know is drain fault however, sometimes if pressure switch is jammed/stuck these issues may occur.

Please try this to solve the issue:

You will have to unplug the appliance and pull it out.

Then remove the top off the appliance and locate the pressure switch with thin hose attached to it.

Now, remove this hose and blow through it, make sure it is not clogged.

Then with the top off the appliance, locate the hoses going into dispenser and clean them completely.

Also clean the hose that goes from dispenser to the drum, make sure it is not clogged.

After you have cleaned everything then reconnect and plug it back, problem should be solved.

However, if the issue appears again then I am afraid the drain pump is faulty and will need replacement.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

I hope you enjoyed your experience with Justanswer UK today.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Top off but where is pressure switch ?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
File attached (3462MGM)

Please click here.

That is the pressure switch with thin black hose attached to it.

I think its at front right side in the image that you shared (looking from the front).

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I only see one black hose not hoses ???

What hoses ?

Have you cleaned the pressure switch hose and blown through it ?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
long black thin hose ?

Yes, please read the instructions again and follow them to solve the issue.

Please try this to solve the issue:

Have a wonderful day.