KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have a Zanussi ZBB28651SA Fridge Freezer, its set @ 2deg,

HI, i have a Zanussi ZBB28651SA Fridge Freezer, its set @ 2deg, should it be set higher? also the fan in the freezer compartment runs permantely and only stops when the fridge door is open, this also clogs up with ice, and make a noise, i then have to remove this cover and chip away the ice that has formed on the fan, do you know why this may happen?
JA: How old is your Zanussi fridge? Does the noise get louder or softer when changing the temperature setting?
Customer: the fridge/freezer is about 3 years old, the fan only gets louder when ice builds up on it
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: after about 1 year, all i do is take the fan cover off and clean the fan of ice and put it back on, this lasts about 2 months and i happens again
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no thank you, ***** ***** all thats wrong with it, however what would you recommend the ideal temperature set at inside the fridge 2/4/5/6/8 deg?

Good afternoon,

You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

If you don’t mind, please allow me a few minutes to check its schematics and then type the answer.

This indicates temperature issue and/or an air flow problem due to heavy ice build-up inside the rear wall of the appliance.

Please try this to solve the issue:

Leave it unplugged and empty with door open for around 12-24 hours.

Then plug it back (expect some water on the floor) and wait for another 4-8 hours so it gets back to optimum temperature.

The problem should be resolved.

However, if the issue appears again then the problem is with defrost operation.

You will have to test/replace the temperature sensor and/or defrost heater element to resolve the issue.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

I hope you enjoyed your experience with Justanswer UK today.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
ok thanks Kevin will do

You are very welcome and Good Luck.

Cheers