KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

Bosch HBN531E2B/02 oven. Clock intermittent. It was ok when

Bosch HBN531E2B/02 oven. Clock intermittent. It was ok when I set it while the fan oven was running but the clock went out when the selector switch was turned off. There is a black relay on the clock board that clicks intermittently. How can I prove whether the fault is in the clock or the selector switch. I have tried to find a wiring diagram on line but no luck.
JA: Is your Bosch oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Electric.Also I meant to add that I worked as an engineer in the Appliance Care workshops at Old Wolverton from 1997 until I retired in 2009
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have visually checked connections but they seem okay.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It started initially on Tuesday when the person using it said the fan oven was not heating. I checked & found it was warm but not hot so assumed the ring element had failed. When I checked today I found that the element tested okay & thfe fan oven worked. I turned the power off before accessing but when it was powered back up the clock did not work but the relay was clicking irregularly so I am not sure if it is a faulty supply to the relay or the relay itself

Good afternoon,

You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

Can you test the selector switch with a multi-meter ?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I could do but I am not with the oven at present

I understand, when you get back please test the selector switch and the thermostat located behind the switch.

If both of them test fine then I am afraid the clock control will need replacement.

This remains open till you want so you can get back here for further assistance.

If you ask a follow‑up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

I hope you enjoyed your experience with Justanswer UK today.

Have a wonderful day.