James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Bought undercounted fridge hvtlu542whk it doesn't seem to

Bought undercounted fridge hvtlu542whk it doesn't seem to have a plug to plug into the Mains socket
JA: Who makes your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: I have just had delivered about 1030 this morning
JA: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything there's no plug to plug it in
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The driver and his mate dumped it in the kitchen and said you can't use it for about four hours because of the gas I've just unwrapped it there is no plug coming out the back

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
Where no plug is on the cable this is likely due to most undercounter units are hard wired into a terminal block such as here, with a isolation switch above counter since its often a challenge to turn off under counter appliances without having to pull them out.

However you could buy and fit a 3 pin plug on the end of the wire if that is preferred.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
There's no cable coming out of the fridge

That is a defect as none of the these models need a flex to be provided or installed.

I would double check the wire is not coiled up around the compressor to the bottom rear of the fridge if its not then contact the retailer to request a replacement.