James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Kiff5017 fridge freezer, water collecting at bottom of

Customer Question

Kiff5017 fridge freezer, water collecting at bottom of freezer and leaks on floor? Fridge drain hole is clear, is there a freezer drain
JA: Is your fridge level with the ground, or tipped slightly forward? How old is it?
Customer: Built in and flat, 2 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Feels like several months, all I have done is check fridge drain hole is clear. A lot of water freezes at the bottom and on defrost runs out on floor.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
Water leaking from the freezer suggests the defrost element which runs every few hours to keep the appliance frost free is likely causing the water to pool at the base of the freezer, the drain hole for water is located behind the rear panel of the freezer, so suggest doing a manual defrost of the freezer over 6 hours and see if the issue comes back, as its likely the draining hole has frozen over

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know.