Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have an AEG built in oven. It seems to be functioning fine

Customer Question

Hi, I have an AEG built in oven. It seems to be functioning fine except that it won't heat up on the fan oven setting. What shall I do?
JA: Is your AEG oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: It's electric with a gas hob. Not sure how old. Might be 8 years or so
JA: How long has this been going on with your AEG oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have two ovens and the other one is working fine so it's been a while. The fuse seems fine, the clock is set fine, I've done a pyro clean and it's spotless. Seems to heat up on pizza oven setting and seemed fine during the cleaning process.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: PNC is###-##-####
Expert:  Tim JA replied 20 days ago.

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

The symptom you've described is exactly consistent with a failed heating element in one oven. These aren't difficult to replace, but there are pitfalls in getting a matching replacement. Are you thinking of doing the repair yourself?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Would the oven be able to carry out a successful pyro clean if the heating element has failed? Also it seems to heat up on the pizza oven setting. Where can I get a replacement? I would need someone to fit it for me as I don't know much about ovens.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Will I still be charged £16
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Hi, are you still there? Will I get a call another time?
Expert:  Tim JA replied 20 days ago.

I'm still here. Please bear with me for a few more minutes...

Expert:  Tim JA replied 20 days ago.

I would always test the element as the first step, and if that's not the cause then the diagnosis can continue from there. If you're not used to working on ovens then you're better off calling an appliance engineer to do the work. You can do that using the following link for National Appliance Care.

https://nacrepair.co.uk/

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
OK thanks, I've booked a repair. Will I be charged for your time today?
Expert:  Tim JA replied 20 days ago.

I'm not involved in any part of the payment or subscription service, so the answer to your question lies in whatever terms you signed up to.

Regarding the phone call, it's entirely optional, so if you no longer need that then you can request a refund by contacting Customer Service at the following page:

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us