KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I put our Zanussi jetstream1600 on a combined wash and dry

Hi there. I put our Zanussi jetstream1600 on a combined wash and dry cycle for the first time in years yesterday. When I got home, it had knocked out the fuse, and each time, I put the main fuse back on, the washing machine would knock it out again. This morning I have tried just to do a wash, but the cycle stops after a few minutes. I have tried two different cycles. Is this likely to be a thermostat issue, and given the machine is 18 years old, is it going to be worth reparing?
JA: Is your Zanussi washer top or front loading?
Customer: Front loading.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This happened yesterday. I stopped the drying cycle yesteday. I tried two diferent wash cycles (50 and 30 C) today.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: This is the first and only time this has happened. I have cleared where the 'fluff' collects.

Good morning,

You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

Please provide its complete model number (from the label/rating plate located inside the door).

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
WJD1667W

Thank you for the model number.

I am afraid, this indicates the heating element and/or control is faulty and will need replacement.

The control board will cost around £140 + repair charges and heating element will cost around £80 + repair charges.

To be honest, looking at the age of this appliance it may be better to buy a new one then to spend this amount on repairs.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

I hope you enjoyed your experience with Justanswer UK today.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
thanks that is what I thought as well.

You are very welcome and Good Luck.

Cheers