KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have a Bosch tumble dryer Classixx 7. I went to use it

I have a Bosch tumble dryer Classixx 7. I went to use it yesterday and it would not work. No light came on for the on/off switch. I have tried another appliance from the plug and that works. This morning I have changed the fuse in the plug and still no joy. Can you recommend anything else? I cleared all the filters yesterday too.
JA: Do you know the model of your Bosch dryer? How old is it?
Customer: I gather that it is now called Serie 2 but the name on my machine is Classixx 7. I can’t remember how old it is.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This started yesterday when I went to tumble dry some clothes. I emptied the water tank as it is a condenser model, I took the fluff from the collector in the front door and I have also cleaned out the filters at the bottom of the machine. This morning I put a different fuse in the plug. Still it will not work and no lihpghts are coming on
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really. The machine has always worked and now it won’t.

Good day,

You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

Please provide its complete model number (from the label/rating plate located inside the door).

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hello Kevin,
The number that you require is
E-Nr-WTE84105GB 131 FD 9110 200529

This was manufactured in October 2011 so around 10 years old.

As it is completely dead, I am afraid the control board is faulty and will need replacement.

Are you willing to carry out replacement yourself, if instructions are provided ?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
How much is the control board and how fiddly is it to replace?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I see that they cost quite a bit. I think I may as well go out and buy a new dryer. Thanks for your help

Yes :) I was writing the steps on how to replace it when saw your second message.

The control board is available for £283, click here to order from Bosch.

If you want to replace it then unplug the appliance and pull it out.

Then remove the top off the appliance and then remove the fascia and then you can replace the control.

To be honest, looking at the age of this appliance and cost involved in repair buying a new one is best option.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

I hope you enjoyed your experience with Justanswer UK today.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Dear *****I have been out and bought a new machine. I have had to pay out for an expensive heat source pump aching as we
Where there are no chips, all the cheaper models have sold out. When you gave me the price for the new circuit board that made up my mind. Hopefully this will last me as long as the previous machine.BW
Lynne

That is excellent Lynne.

Good Luck :)