Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

I have a whirlpool wwdc 7124 washing machine .service light

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool wwdc 7124 washing machine .service light comes on. I set to drain and pressed reset 4 times to enter diagnostic mode. It stops with rinse,rinse hold and service lights continuously lit and start light flashing. Does this indicate a motor fault?
JA: What happened just before the light on your Whirlpool washer came on?
Customer: Do you mean when in diagnosis mode?
JA: How long has this been going on with your Whirlpool washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Stopped working yesterday
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don’t think so.I’ve cleaned out filter at bottom front and checked water inlet and out let hoses and allok
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 18 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know which lights are flashing?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Rinse , rinse hold and service are lit solid and start is flashing

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to a washing machine that prompting flashing lights. I have found this error is linked with a drainage issue, I would recommend you attempt the steps I have attached below and if they fail to clear the error, its likely you will need to consult a local Appliance Engineer who will be able to book in a visit. If you are unsure who to contact, you may use search directories such as Yell.com where you will be able to find a list of local professionals.

1. Power the unit off. (Press the power button)

2. Remove the power cable from the power source. 

3. Have a bucket to hand and some towels, the next step can be messy. 

4. Detach the waste pipe from the unit, be ready to move it to the bucket if there is a influx of water. Clear any obvious blockages.  

5. Re-attach the waste pipe firmly. 

6. Attach the power cable to the power source. 

7. Power the unit on. (Press the power button)

8. Run a program and confirm if the error has been cleared. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Waste pipe is clear ,I ran diagnostic mode again and same result .does this indicate a motor fault?

You will need to get someone in to be able to pin point what's failed internally and if you choose to go down the repair route, then that will restore it to working order.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Cool, cheers

Im pleased to hear you are another Happy Customer. If you need further assistance in the future you can reach out to me via JustAnswer. Best of luck!