Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

I need to replace an induction hob by a non-induction

Customer Question

i need to replace an induction hob by a non-induction ceramic hob (induction upsets my pacemaker). The induction hob is hard-wired as will the ceramic hob. The sales guy starts talking about the a risk because of more amps required. But as hard-wired I do not understand that.
JA: What's the brand and model of your hob? How old is it?
Customer: Old Neff T36FB40X0
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff hob? What have you tried so far?
Customer: New model T16FD560X0
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can't see problem - old model about 3 years old (in flat we are moving to) and hard-wired to its own switch and fuse
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 7 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to hard wiring a induction hob by a non-induction ceramic hob. I would recommend you consult a local electrician who can book in a visit to to complete this for you, if you are unsure who to contact, I would recommend you review search directories such as Yell.com where you will find a list of local professionals.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew