James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Fan oven takes longer than normal to heat up and doesn’t

Customer Question

Fan oven takes longer than normal to heat up and doesn’t come up to right temperature according to oven thermometer. Fan takes longer than normal to come on.
JA: Is your oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: electric , about 5 years old. Element was changed last year
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: about a month. We just turn it on earlier and set it higher .
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I’m wondering if the element is needing replaced but seems too soon after changing it - or if the over thermostat isn’t working properly?
Expert:  James replied 19 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
What is the model number of your appliance?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
XOF35501XK
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Don’t want a live phone call, thank you
Expert:  James replied 19 days ago.

Offers for calls are just automated adverts, you can discard them if you are happy for a typed response (and do not want to pay the additional fee). However it can take time for experts to respond, please be patient and an expert will respond as soon as possible.

The model number appears to be invalid, do you see the call for heat light go out before the oven has reached its temp, and is it just the oven or also the grill having issues heating?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No the heat light doesn’t go out before temp reached. Just the main fan oven. Top oven/grill not having problems
Expert:  James replied 19 days ago.

Ok this would rule out a fault on the thermostat, which therefor would point to an issue with the element, and as such look to replace the element

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know.