KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

My American F/Freezer, although motor still working has

Customer Question

My American F/Freezer , although motor still working has stopped freezing. I've cleaned all the back , motor etc with no joy! A repair man told me to leave the doors open for 2/3 days as there may be something iced up & may be ok. Is this the right thing to do...needless to say I've cleared & cleaned interior also....My dog is dining very well for a few days!!
JA: What device is frozen?
Customer: Samsong freezer .....workshop guy said sometimes inside vents build up with ice??
JA: What Samsung product do you have?
Customer: American Fridge freezer
JA: What have you tried so far with your Samsung product?
Customer: I've removed the back panel, hovered and washed all i could including removal of little water pipes & re-attached everything again. Emptied and cleaned interior and tried re setting temp
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Mine does not have water/ice despenser
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Great , thank you
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
e mail would be perfect as I,ve just had major surgery & will need to sleep soon!!!! Sorry
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 13 days ago.

Good morning,

You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

Please provide its complete model number.

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 12 days ago.

Good day,

Without the information requested in my previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

This indicates temperature issue and/or an air flow problem due to heavy ice build-up inside the rear wall of the appliance.

Please try this to solve the issue:

Leave it unplugged and empty with door open for around 12-24 hours.

Then plug it back (expect some water on the floor) and wait for another 4-8 hours so it gets back to optimum temperature.

The problem should be resolved.

However, if the issue appears again then the problem is with defrost operation.

You will have to test/replace the temperature sensor and/or defrost heater element to resolve the issue.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

I hope you enjoyed your experience with Justanswer UK today.

Have a wonderful day.