How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tim JA Your Own Question
Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 2639
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Tim JA is online now

I have a cafe and we have a kenwood gas cooker the hinge in

This answer was rated:

I have a cafe and we have a kenwood gas cooker the hinge in the bottom right hand side has snapped leaving us unable to close it over
JA: Do you know the model of your Kenwood appliance? How old is it?
Customer: the problem is we the appliance came with the shop when I bought it and can’t find the model number anywhere
JA: How long has this been going on with your Kenwood appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it snapped 4 days ago I have phoned some people nobody is prepared to help
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have photos it’s just a hinge at bottom right hand side that sheared

Good morning, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

Whilst obtaining and fitting a hinge will probably be achievable, the difficulty when identifying the model of a gas cooker is that you would need to uncouple it in order to withdrawn it, so that you can find the label with the model number on it. This uncoupling is likely to need a Gas Safe registered engineer to attend.

You mentioned that you've phoned some people already - were they Gas Safe registered?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No one was prepared to help so never asked if gas safe

OK. I think the best way forward for you is find an engineer close to you, by entering your post code on this web page. Also, tick "Domestic Cookers/Hobs" in the drop-down list under "Choose Appliance".

Tim JA and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your rating :-)

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Can’t get it fixed

Has an engineer attended?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I cannot get a engineer to come nobody seems to want to help

How many have you called? What do they say when you speak to them?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Not my area .,,, need serial number don’t do gas I don’t fix doors these the 4 most common ones

"not my area" and "don't go gas" can't be from anyone on the list of engineers generated on this web page, because that search is by postcode and all engineers in the list are Gas Safe registered.

Perhaps the next step should be to call Customer Support on Monday, on 0344(###) ###-####/strong>.

Thank you for your rating.  If you need further assistance in the future you can reach out to me via JustAnswer.
Have a good weekend!