KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

A bit of the dishwasher keeps falling out - it is shaped

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: A bit of the dishwasher keeps falling out - it is shaped like a spinning top with raised curves, and it falls out of the top of the dishwasher every time. It is held in a plastic section which also falls off the top of the washer
JA: What's the brand and model of your dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: Grundig GNF 41821X and I think it is 2 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: about 4 months. I remove the cutlery basket and try to push the little wheel back, but it is not clear which way round it goes. I then try to push the plastic arm back into its housing - there are two bent metal pieces holding it to the roof, It seems to snap back and then comes adrift again
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It isn’t helped by the fact that the cutlery drawer seems to be pulling past it, although we are trying to hold the drawer so that the back edge doesn’t pass too close.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 19 days ago.

Good morning,

You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

If you don’t mind, please allow me a few minutes to check its schematics and then type the answer.

I am afraid, this indicates the spray arm is worn out and complete spray arm assembly will need replacement.

If this spray arm is part of the cutlery basket then that may need replacement as well.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

I hope you enjoyed your experience with Justanswer UK today.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi Kevin, I think I might have misled you. The large spray arms are both working just fine. What is not working is a little wheel that is set into a flat section plastic tube that hangs at the top of the dishwasher cavity. I have a photo of the little wheel thing, which looks a bit like a child’s windmill, but can see no way of attaching it!Best wishesKAte
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 17 days ago.

Kate, I understand, if the wheel is where the spray arm fits in then you have to buy complete spray arm assembly.