Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

We’ve just purchased a bel farmhouse100g. It has 2 fans at

Customer Question

We’ve just purchased a bel farmhouse100g. It has 2 fans at the back. What are their purpose. The fans come on when the grill door is opened even without being lite.does not come on when ovens are turned on.no mention of fans function in handbooks.
JA: Is your oven gas or electric?
Customer: Gas
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only delivered Thursday
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Fan function
Expert:  Tim JA replied 19 days ago.

Good morning, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

My understanding is that one fan is for distributing heat, and the other is a pre-ignition purge of any lingering gas and/or combustion products.

If this doesn't answer your question, please come back to me.