James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Lamona LAM8375, which is emitting steam when open

Customer Question

I have a Lamona LAM8375, which is emitting steam when open the door after the washing cycle is finished.
JA: How old is your Lamona appliance?
Customer: just over 12 months old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Lamona appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only saw there was a problem on the last 2 washes, not tried anything yet, could it be that I need to make sure the drain point is clear?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: How do I best solve the problem?
Expert:  James replied 19 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
Does this happen even on a cold wash?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Not tried a cold wash
Expert:  James replied 19 days ago.

When I say cold I mean 40 degrees or below, have you only done hot washes (over 40)?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
just the quick P5 Express 30 cycle
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
The other thing we have noted is the tablet symbol is displayed
Expert:  James replied 19 days ago.

The steam is normal as that just part of the drying program at the end of the program, if you leave the appliance to cool (1-2 hours there will be no steam), but it should not pose a risk of burning you if opening straight after it finishes as it isn't actually steam just water vapour (so around 60 degrees not 100+)

The tablet button will come on when its set to use an all in one detergent, thats how it knows to reduce the amount of rinse aid.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know.