James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My Electrolux dishwasher keeps beeping and won’t run the

Customer Question

My Electrolux dishwasher keeps beeping and won’t run the cycle
JA: Do you know the model of your Electrolux dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: esl 6225 it’s over 10 years old but only does about 4 cycles a week?
JA: How long has this been going on with your Electrolux dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just since this morning someone plugged it out by mistake and when I plugged it back in this started
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Expert:  James replied 19 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
What lights are showing on the control panel?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok thanks I forgot to say the cycle option eg eco wash light just blinks on and off if that helps
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
The cycle option light 65
Expert:  James replied 19 days ago.

Ok so you turn it on it wont let you set the programme or start a wash?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No it does let me select the program and it starts and then starts beeping - I’ve also done a cancel and selected a different program and that didn’t work
Expert:  James replied 19 days ago.

Based on the symptoms and error reported it's likely the fault is caused by the flood sensor located in the base detecting water.
Start by removing the appliance from the cupboard void.
Once removed you need to close the door and power off the machine at the wall. Once off, tilt the washer at a steep angle forward and hold it in place for 30 seconds, stand it upright, and then turn on power.
The pump should have stopped running, and you should now be able to run a program to confirm the fault has cleared.