KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have just had integrated dishwasher and washing machines

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i have just had integrated dishwasher and washing machines installed, both hotpoint. If I can deal with dishwasher issue first: I am trying to operate, but after a minute or so, the machine beeps repeatedly and does not operate. I put rinse aid in, but still shows red rinse aid light
JA: Do you know the model of your Hotpoint dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: I just purchased it, but I can’t see the model description
JA: What have you tried so far with your Hotpoint dishwasher?
Customer: I tried turning it off at the power for a minute as per instructions
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I’m aware of
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 12 days ago.

Good afternoon,

You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

Please provide its complete model number (from the label/rating plate located inside the door).

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 11 days ago.

Good afternoon,
Without the information requested in my previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

This in your dishwasher indicates, water has leaked in the base of appliance and activated the anti-flood device.
You will have to unplug the appliance and pull it out, then tip it backwards by around 45 degrees so excess water drains off completely.
After you have done this, check the drain hose where it connects to house drain and make sure it is not clogged.
Then please clean the mesh filter from inside and make sure it is not blocked.
Now, reconnect everything and plug it back; select any program.
It should work however, if the problem occurs again you will have to check/replace the control board.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!
I hope you enjoyed your experience with Justanswer UK today.
Have a wonderful day.