Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

Freezer temperature light flashing. Is that a problem. Bosch

Customer Question

Freezer temperature light flashing. Is that a problem.
JA: What's the brand and model of your lighting? How old is it?
Customer: Bosch GS..U Probably 12 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch lighting? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Given the freezer a temperature boost
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i don't think so.
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 11 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to a freezer which has a flashing light on the temperature section. I have found a blinking temperature display is trying to get your attention, typically because the temperature is too high and things need to cool down. It could also be because a door has been left open.

I would recommend you clean the condenser coils situated behind the unit, if the condenser coils are dirty they will reduces the overall cooling capacity of the freezer and to do so please see the instructions I have attached below to help you clean them. 

1. Gently pull the refrigerator away from the wall. 

2. Unplug the refrigerator. 

3. Locate the coils. 

4. Start vacuuming. 

5. Use the paintbrush to remove any stubborn bits of dirt.

6. Vacuum up all the dirt you knocked loose onto the floor.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew